Website New Orleans & Company
POSITION TITLE: LOCALS OUTREACH MANAGER – CONVENTION SALES
DEPARTMENT: CONVENTION SALES
ACCOUNTABLE TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF CONVENTION SALES & STRATEGIES
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT
Primary Objective of the Position:
This role will identify and develop strategic relationships with individuals and organizations from within the regional community, with whom the convention sales team would partner to secure future meetings and events in New Orleans. Uncovering new meeting opportunities and contacts though regional outreach initiatives is also a primary function of the role. This position works closely with members of the sales team to achieve the position objectives.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Work collaboratively with members of the convention sales team to identify local members of associations and corporations to secure a future meeting.
2. Conducts research and prospecting techniques through the use of Simpleview (CRM database) and the internet to identify potential locals.
3. Collaborate with the convention marketing team to create supporting collateral within Built to Host brand guidelines.
4. Develop and produce monthly reports summarizing activities and results.
5. Meet and travel to local Louisiana Association members or corporations to generate interest in bringing their national convention or meeting to New Orleans.
6. Create and execute local events, including luncheons, receptions and educational events that create an atmosphere of collaboration.
7. Manage all activities through Simpleview on a consistent basis.
8. Perform other responsibilities or special projects as assigned by the Sr. Vice President Convention Sales & Strategies.
Education and/or Experience:
A bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university and a minimum of three to five years industry related experience and/or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft or similar. Knowledge of spreadsheets and database programs, desired.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to travel by airplane and operate a vehicle.
The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions. This position will require some weeknight and weekend assignments, often on location. Ability to travel including overnight stays. Must be able to conduct sales calls and travel by car, or other means of transportation to meet with potential locals, host events and/or other activities. Must work well in a team environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
Responsibility for Work of Others: None
New Orleans & Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. New Orleans & Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com