Website New Orleans & Company
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR MANAGER OF INTERNATIONAL COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
ACCOUNTABLE TO: SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS
SECONDARY REPORT TO: ASSOCIATE VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS & PUBLIC RELATIONS FOR PRESS TRIPS
STATUS: FULL-TIME, EXEMPT
Apply Now: If you are interested in being considered for this position, please first notify your current supervisor or department head to discuss your interest and forward a letter of intent, along with the most recent version of your resume, to email@example.com by COB, Friday, June 16, 2023.
Primary Objective of the Position:
Promote New Orleans as one of the best destinations in the U.S. through international
media relations, press trips, influencer marketing and proactively building and maintaining
relationships with international journalists. Serve as the primary contact for the international
offices, the Louisiana Office of Tourism, and other external partners on all international PR/ communications matters.
Major Areas of Accountability:
• Work exclusively with international media by assisting with story development, press trip
coordination, post-visit follow-up, photography, suggestions, contact information, etc.
• Build and maintain relationships with international journalists and assist them with
inquiries about New Orleans tourism via phone, in person, online or email.
• Build and maintain relationships with our global New Orleans & Company
representatives and serve as their primary PR team contact on international media matters.
• Build and maintain relationships with New Orleans & Company representatives in countries including but not limited to the United Kingdom, France, Brazil, Mexico, Germany, Canada, Italy, Australia, Sweden, the Netherlands, China and India and serve as their primary PR team contact on international media matters.
• Collaborate with and take direction from the Associate VP of PR and Communications on international press trips to ensure seamless coordination between domestic and international press trips, that hotel leads are sent together, and both domestic and international journalists are getting diverse experiences with a cross-section of New Orleans & Company members.
• Host international journalists when they visit the city for group and individual press trips, including dinners and events on nights and weekends. Depending on arrival days and times, greet international journalists in person as often as possible upon their arrival at the hotel (or shortly thereafter) to welcome them to the city, deliver a welcome packet and answer questions they may have.
• Travel internationally to represent New Orleans at media missions, media marketplaces and special events.
• Work closely with the SVP of Tourism and the Tourism Sales Department on international PR opportunities including but not limited to the US Travel Association, IPW, Brand USA and Travel South.
• Work with international social media influencers on content creation trips to produce photo, video, and blog content for use on their social channels as well as our owned channels and website.
• Stay aware of global travel trends and identify international PR opportunities in emerging markets such as China and India.
• Stay aware of New Orleans cultural offerings and member news appealing to international audiences and leverage that information as a member of the Marketing Communications division.
• Stay aware of cultural protocols and preferences of our visitors from other countries and implement that knowledge into all tasks.
• Write communications geared toward international audiences.
• Assist SVP of Communications and PR with processing invoices and expenses associated with international PR.
• Monitor international media for earned coverage assists as needed to be applied for credit in achieving quarterly goals.
• Prepare comprehensive results reports for the department’s quarterly goals with SVP of Communications & PR and Vice President of Finance.
• Participate in regular calls with domestic PR agency to strategize and lend support. Provide agency partners with information for pitching and media inquiries.
• Should we hire an international PR agency, help lead the search, serve as their primary contact and ensure they are getting results working closely with the SVP of Communications and PR.
• Should we host an international convention such as IPW in New Orleans, serve as the primary PR team member on the planning committee, in partnership with the SVP of Communications and PR.
• Represent New Orleans & Company by attending local press conferences and events, as needed.
• Assist AVP of Communications and PR and Communications Coordinators with domestic media projects as needed.
• Interact with members of the Executive Team and the CEO on interview requests, media coverage and reporting.
• Available after hours and on the weekends when hosting a journalist/influencer in town or as assigned.
• Perform other duties and projects, as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree or Bachelor of Science (BS) degree from four-year college or university and eight to ten years of public relations / communications experience. Strong writing, editing, relationship-building, and organizational skills are required for this position. Experience working with non-US media and people from other countries and cultures.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication. Fluency in French and/or Spanish desired. Ability to read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Must be proficient in Microsoft or similar. Knowledge of spreadsheets and database programs, desired.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to travel by airplane and operate a vehicle.
The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions. This position will require some weeknight and weekend assignments, often on location. Ability to travel internationally including overnight stays. International business travel experience and a valid passport desired. Must work well in a team environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
Responsibility for Work of Others: None
*Assists interns as needed.
New Orleans & Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable, federal, state, and local laws. New Orleans & Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job please visit community.neworleans.com.