The Crescent City Eclipse Rising Star award recognizes an emerging leader in hospitality and tourism who exhibits ongoing and exceptional growth in the industry. These individuals are known to go the extra mile and consistently volunteer to help their fellow employees and supervisor. Nominees should have five years or less of experience in the industry and have not yet reached a managerial position, but their track record reflects a strong potential for leadership and increased responsibility. In addition to job performance, successful candidates should show passion for their work and a pride in the industry and New Orleans.
Rising Star Awards will be considered across the following job categories:
- Sales and Marketing
- Guest Relations/Customer Service
- Restaurant Service Staff
- Culinary Arts: Chefs and Mixologists
- Kitchen Staff
- Tour Operators
- Transportation Services
- Event Services
Awards will be made at the discretion of the Crescent City Eclipse Recognition Committee, which may choose to grant one award, no award, or multiple awards across the above categories.
The nomination must include:
- Description of how the candidate fulfills the criteria described above (200-400 words/less than one page).
- Approval from the general manager or human resources director from the nominee’s company will be sought, if applicable.
Rising Star Award Guidelines and Eligibility:
- Candidates must be in an early- to mid-stage of their career with no more than five years of experience working in hospitality and tourism.
- Candidates must be in an entry level position.
- Candidates will be judged on the following factors:
- Description of the nominee’s role at the workplace and positive results/performance that demonstrate exceptional early and ongoing achievement in the industry.
- Evidence that the candidate shows potential for increasing levels of responsibility.
- Uniqueness and impact of the candidate’s contributions.