The Crescent City Eclipse Voluntourism award recognizes a nonprofit organization that has played a significant role in improving the lives of local residents and the city of New Orleans. Nominees have contributed to the success of tourism through their innovative work within the community.
Awards will be made at the discretion of the Crescent City Eclipse Recognition Committee, which may choose to grant one award, no award, or multiple awards across the above categories.
The nomination must include:
- Description of how the candidate fulfills the criteria described above (200-400 words/less than one page).
- Approval from the general manager or human resources director from the nominee’s company will be sought, if applicable.
Role Model Award Guidelines and Eligibility:
- Nominees have improved the quality of life for local residents.
- Nominees have contributed to the success of tourism through charitable work.
- Nominees may be a local nonprofit organization or individual within the Greater New Orleans area.
- Nominees will be judged on the following factors:
- Description of the nominee’s role and responsibilities that demonstrate exemplary service within the community.
- Evidence that the nominee has dedicated their time to community service efforts.
- Uniqueness and impact of the nominee’s contributions.