Website ASM New Orleans
Caesar's Superdome, Smoothie King Center, Champion's Square
ASM Global, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an Event Coordinator for ASM Global/Mercedes-Benz Superdome | Smoothie King Center | Champions Square.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Planning, organizing, and controlling events within the facilities as assigned
· Create, distribute, and update various working documents for all assigned events, including staffing, event work orders, cost estimates, event comparisons, information sheets, etc.
· Ensure efficient and effective communication regarding the delivery of services to clients
· Lead and coordinate pre-con meetings with clients
· Participate in non-assigned major event meetings such as pre and post cons
· Provide turnkey special project research and fulfillment as assigned
· Actively participate in non-assigned major events as needed
· Supervise all staffing for assigned events
· Coordinate with the staffing department to ensure proper placement of necessary team members throughout the facility during events
· Coordinate outside service needs with food and beverage contractor, decorators, or other vendors
· Coordinate client and facility requirements via external messaging such as video boards, external audio, etc.
· Ensure all FF&E requirements are met for each assigned event (i.e., signage/equipment)
· Coordinate and participate in proper inspections of the facilities to ensure readiness and compliance with the requirements of the clients prior to hosting the event
· Deliver necessary information to event staff during briefing to ensure appropriate knowledge of concerns affecting the event
· Attend assigned events to be available to resolve any/all issues that may arise involving clients and patrons
· Assist with special needs or requests for all font of house arrangements such as house opening, late seating, clearing aisles, etc.
· Make immediate decisions and communicate with all users of the facility in an emergency situation
· Coordinate with all necessary departments to ensure all areas are properly addressed prior to, and post-event
· Maintain the proper image and generate positive public relations with clients, patrons, and staff
· Maintain professional demeanor and attire at all times
· Prove comments/input to the department during post-event discussions regarding issues that arose during the event
· All other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Must successfully pass a criminal background check
· Superior communication and organizational skills
· Must be highly motivated, self-directed, and have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
· Able to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
Education and/or Experience
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, plus 2-3 years experience with increasing levels of responsibilities in the facility industry
· Experience within Facility Coordination is desirable
· PC Windows-based Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
· Must possess a valid Louisiana Driver’s license at the time of appointment and throughout employment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
ASM Global is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
To apply for this job please visit asmglobal.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.