Website New Orleans & Company
POSITION TITLE: SALES ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: CONVENTION SALES
REPORTS TO: CONVENTION SALES ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
STATUS: FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
Primary Objective of the Position:
To provide various administrative support duties to multiple sales account executives and to facilitate the operations of the Convention Sales Department.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Prepare, organize, create, and provide general correspondence, proposals, and various departmental reports to efficiently facilitate office operations.
2. Generate meeting traces and leads from sales managers into the convention sales system (Simpleview) to ensure that members have current information for generating business; follow-up on MCCNO lead confirmation for timely processing.
3. Respond to telephone inquiries for general information such as media kits, brochures, and maps.
4. Process brochure orders for upcoming meetings, ensuring payment is received, when necessary, and brochures are delivered as required.
5. Maintain correspondence and meeting bulletin files for sales managers to provide a monthly count of correspondence generated and ensure copies of correspondence are available as needed.
6. Establish new account files in CRM system, create hardy copy files and organize correspondence as appropriate to ensure that sales managers can follow-up with new or perspective clients.
7. Coordinate site inspections by scheduling appointments and preparing itineraries making certain that site inspections are executed smoothly.
8. Prepare various reports (i.e., expense reports, etc.), as requested in a timely and efficient manner.
9. Provide general assistance to the sales managers by preparing sales packets, assisting with mail distribution, etc. to ensure effective administrative support.
10. Provide back-up to other administrative support staff as required due to workload, vacation, etc. to guarantee work is completed on time and deadlines are met.
11. Handle and respond to callers wanting obtain information, as needed.
12. Assist as occasional switchboard operator and relieve receptionist when necessary.
13. Perform other projects or duties as assigned by the sales manager team and/or the Sr. Vice President of Sales & Strategies as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and one to three years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be proficient in Microsoft or similar. Knowledge of spreadsheets and database programs, desired.
Possess excellent verbal and written communication. Ability to read and interpret documents and to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; and use hands to finger; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. Must be able to travel by airplane and operate a vehicle.
The working environment is typical for an office and does not require exposure to difficult or hazardous conditions. This position may require some weeknight and weekend assignments. Ability to travel including overnight stays. Must work well in a team environment.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and does not imply a contract.
Responsibility for Work of Others: None
New Orleans & Company provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. New Orleans & Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the organization has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com