Global Parking Systems
THE shuttle service provider for the New Orleans Int'l Airport
Global Parking Systems is the shuttle service provider for the New Orleans International Airport located in Kenner, Louisiana.
We’re located on the ground floor of the Economy Parking Garage at the old airport terminal off of Airline Highway.
SUMMARY: Global Parking Systems are experts in the management of parking lots, valet services, parking management and shuttle operations at airports across the country. Global Parking Systems also partners with SP Plus Parking Corporation a leader in the parking management space. Together, we are committed to making the parking experience a first-class enjoyable one for parking consumers. Built on the foundation of excellence and integrity, we are dedicated to providing the highest level of service at all of our parking facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the proper and safe operation of shuttle buses and transporting passengers on designated shuttle routes
• Conduct pre-trip inspection of the assigned shuttle bus before the start of every shift. Conduct post-trip vehicle inspections at the end of every shift and immediately report any deficiency to Supervisor
• Ensure compliance of route schedule
• Maintaining cleanliness of bus interiors, fueling of buses, logging trip counts and assisting disabled passengers
• Responsible for being at work every scheduled day, on time and in uniform
• Possess a valid state-issued driver’s license to be carried with driver, at all times, while on duty
• Have and maintain an acceptable DMV record
• Courteously assist customers by answering any questions they may have. If necessary, direct the customer to the Supervisor for further assistance
• Report any known accidents, observed or suspected violations of Company policy, safety hazards or any unusual occurrence to the Supervisor or General Manager
• Communicate debris, water, oil spills, etc. to Supervisor
• Have a thorough knowledge of all areas of the garage, thorough knowledge of the major streets, landmarks and freeways in the area of the garage
• Assisting customers with luggage and other traveling items, if applicable
• Assist Supervisors with other duties as needed
• Obey all federal, state, and local laws regarding proper operation of shuttle bus
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required
Education/Experience Required: High School education or GED preferred. CDL training or an equivalent combination of education and experience. License Requirement: Per DOT Regulations, driver will be required to have and maintain a valid CDL Class A, B or C Driver’s License with Passenger Endorsement
DOT Medical Card: A Medical Examiner’s Certificate (DOT Medical Card) is required.
Maintaining Certifications: All drivers must remain compliant with federal and local CDL requirements and are required to report any situation the disqualifies them from having a CDL certification. This includes random drug testing and post-accident drug testing.
Availability to Work: Available to work special shift requirements depending on the locations needs. Availability to work 3rd shift and/or weekends may be a requirement.
Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one situations to customers and other employees of the company.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, two-digit numbers and multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
Appearance: Employees will be required to maintain a neat and clean appearance and be in complete uniform at all times.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; and use hands to handle equipment. The employee is required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Benefits Include: After 90 days, full time employees become eligible for dental, medical, and vision insurance, paid holidays, sick time and vacation. Employee benefit deductions will start at the 60 day mark.
Starting Rate and Sign On Bonus: The starting rate for the Shuttle Driver position is $17 hourly. The individual hired for this position may also earn up to an additional $750 in a sign on bonus. The bonus payout will be $250 every thirty (30) days for the first three (3) months of employment. Individual formerly employed by Global Parking Systems and New South Parking are not eligible to receive the bonus incentive.
To apply for this job please visit employers.indeed.com.