Website Hilton New Orleans/St. Charles Avenue
Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
The Convention Services Manager is responsible for attainment of assigned convention/event goals tied to the overall performance of the hotel. The individual will be responsible for effectively servicing clients/groups and maintaining the contracted food and beverage minimum. The Convention Services Manager will work in conjunction with the Director of Sales or Director of Catering/Convention Services to achieve the hotel’s revenue meeting planner satisfaction scores and food and beverage goals for one or more assigned properties. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
- High School diploma or equivalent required; previous convention/event and catering sales experience preferred.
- Demonstrate creativity and knowledge of food and beverage/events desired.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for the applicable state.
- Must possess developed verbal and written communication skills to frequently negotiate convince sell and influence other managerial personnel hotel guest(s) and/or corporate clients.
- Experience with professional selling skills desired: opening probing supporting closing
- Must be proficient in general computer knowledge especially Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to work independently and simultaneously manage multiple tasks; strong organization and presentation skills
- Effectively attain assigned meeting planner satisfaction scores revenue goals as well as food and beverage goals.
- Proactively conduct solicitation calls conduct tours and entertain clients specific to needs respective to the assigned property.
- Monitor and evaluate trends within your market segment.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Adheres to Aimbridge Hospitality’s established regulations company standards catering/meeting standards and related catering sales metrics.
- Develop a full working knowledge of the operations and policies of the hotel and applicable departments.
- Demonstrates ability to deliver banquet event orders on a timely basis (10 days) and ensure accuracy.
- Ensure changes are communicated timely to impacted departments/operations leaders.
- Maintain strong visibility in local community and industry organizations as applicable.
- May assist in implementing and/or participating in special promotions relating to direct sales segments i.e. sales blitzes etc.
- Attend daily/weekly/monthly meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager or Director of Sales.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com