Website Son of a Saint
Son of a Saint exists to enhance the lives of fatherless boys through mentorship, emotional support, development of life skills, exposure to constructive experiences and formation of positive, lasting peer-to-peer relationships. Son of a Saint equips boys with the tools they need to become productive men. We provide a secure and consistent environment for them, through which they find hope, vision, and opportunity. Son of a Saint mentors’ most important role is simply to be a good example.
Son of a Saint is looking for a Volunteer Coordinator Intern to join our team. This internship will focus on strengthening company culture and team collaboration at Son of a Saint. This intern should have a strong desire to build relationships with people and possess strong communication skills. This individual should be a creative “out of the box” thinker — we are not only looking for someone to execute on our ideas, but someone who can bring great ideas of their own. The right candidate must be self-motivated, organized, enthusiastic and community-driven.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research volunteer opportunities within the Greater New Orleans area and send them to our volunteer database on a weekly basis.
- Assist with maintaining volunteer and mentor databases and effectively communicate relevant information.
- Monitor volunteer applications and follow-up accordingly.
- Collect and gather ongoing data and information from mentors and volunteers to inform program quality such as monthly mentor hours, in-kind service hours etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Team Focused & Collaborative: Promotes cooperation and commitment within a team to achieve goals and objectives; collaborates with team members, sharing ideas and differences openly; receptive to new ideas and adapts to change as necessary.
- Self-Accountability & Work Standards: Sets high standards of performance for self and assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks.
- Stress tolerance: Maintains composure in highly stressful or adverse situations.
- Valuing Diversity: Helps to create an environment that embraces diversity and advocates for equity.
- Professionalism and Personal Boundaries: Conducts self within appropriate and expected professional boundaries and policies.
- Confidentiality, Integrity, Ethics and Trust: Maintains confidentiality and earns others’ trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
- Organizational Culture: Commitment to Son of a Saint’s mission; experience with issues that impact the lives of Son of a Saint boys and families; sensitive to issues of confidentiality and diversity.
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Can commit to at least 10 hours/week in person
- Interest in the nonprofit sector
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work collaboratively with Son of a Saint staff, mentors, mentee guardians, and various members and groups from the community
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and is able to work independently with minimal supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to write by hand and use keyboard to perform general functions.
- Ability to communicate by speech and hearing continuously.
- Visual acuity (close, distant, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus and view accurate color perception) needed for detail work, and computer use.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
Reports to: Volunteer Coordinator
Job Type: Unpaid Internship (Part-time)
Nonprofit / Museums
Counselors, Social Workers, and Other Community and Social Service Specialists
Benefits not specified
WHAT WE DO
Son of a Saint exists to enhance the lives of fatherless boys through mentorship, emotional support, development of life skills, exposure to constructive experiences and formation of positive, lasting peer-to-peer relationships.
To apply for this job please visit worknola.com.