Website The National World War II Museum
The National WWII Museum is seeking a Director of its mid-level annual giving program, the Patriots Circle. The Patriots Circle membership program represents donors who give at the leadership level of the Annual Fund. Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Annual Giving and Membership, the Director is responsible for managing and growing the Museum’s mid-level annual giving program. The Patriots Circle membership program is responsible for over $4 million in annual unrestricted revenue by engaging donors and prospects to secure gifts ranging from $1,000 to $25,000 or more. Revenue generated from the Patriots Circle program represents a significant portion of the Institutional Advancement annual revenue goals.
The Director is responsible for the overall management of the Patriots Circle mid-level giving program and works collaboratively with Annual Giving and Membership colleagues, Major Gift and Planned Giving officers, to develop an integrated annual mid-level giving plan which incorporates strategies to identify, cultivate, and move donors into Patriots Circle Membership and through the donor continuum.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership to the Patriots Circle mid-level giving program and supervises a team of fundraising professionals focused on achieving annual unrestricted revenue goals and membership targets.
- Develops an annual strategic plan and marketing strategies for the program. Responsibilities include development and implementation of a new Five Star, $25,000 and up, annual Patriots Circle giving level.
- Manages a dedicated portfolio of existing Patriots Circle Members utilizing strategies outlined in the Patriots Circle annual strategic plan, including personal contact via phone, email, and personal visitation; stewardship through benefit fulfillment; engagement via VIP visit experiences; attendance at Museum special events and public programming; and other strategies established for Patriots Circle Members and prospects.
- Collaborates with AVP of Annual Giving and Membership, Director of Charter Membership, and direct mail vendors to integrate direct mail strategies to acquire new Patriots Circle Members, including production of solicitation appeals for Patriots Circle Membership.
- Is responsible for financial management of the program; develops an annual budget and tracks revenue and expenditures; generates reports for Museum leadership.
- Ensures successful implementation of the Patriots Circle gift processing, renewal, sustaining gift, benefit fulfillment, and member recognition activities.
- Writes and approves Patriots Circle correspondence, printed materials for solicitation, and other materials necessary for upper-level solicitation.
- Works cooperatively with Marketing and Communications Department to ensure accuracy in e-communications, Museum website, printed collateral, and the Patriots Circle newsletter.
- Bachelors degree (Masters degree and CFRE preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years of direct fundraising experience and management of fundraising programs and professionals.
- Experience in an annual giving / membership program generating revenues in excess of $2 million annually.
- Demonstrable track record in securing leadership-level annual gifts ranging from $1,000 to $25,000 or above.
- Experience with prospect research and moves management; extensive knowledge in a constituent relationship management program and proficiency with database analysis and reporting.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple assignments while showing attention to detail and accuracy; sound project management and organizational skills required.
- Experience with strategic planning and executive-level reporting.
- Highly developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and proactive leadership traits with an ability to navigate sophisticated donor relationship.
The salary range for this position begins at $80,000 per year.
In addition to offering competitive wages, the Museum’s benefits package includes:
- Medical insurance – 2 plan options; Museum pays 75% of premium
- Dental and vision insurance
- Flexible spending account
- 401(k) – Museum matches 50% of employee contribution up to 6%; employer contribution full vested after 3 years of employment
- Life insurance and AD&D – $15,000 policy employer paid; additional life and AD&D available
- Long term disability insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave, 10 paid holidays per year
- Free parking
- Tuition assistance and professional development
- Employee assistance program
The National WWII Museum is an equal opportunity employer and seeks diversity in its workforce. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process.
Interested candidates should apply online at www.nationalww2museum.org/employment or mail resumes to 945 Magazine St., New Orleans, LA 70130.
To apply for this job please visit easyapply.co.