The City of New Orleans and other organizations are providing various support for the community. Below is a compilation of free supplies and services to those impacted by Hurricane Ida. Please note all details are subject to change and will be updated as additional information is provided. Real-time updates can also be found through organizers social media channels.
RTA adds Additional Routes to Limited Bus Service
- As of Monday, September 7, limited service will run daily from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. on a modified Saturday schedule on all routes.
- No streetcar service, replaced with buses on St. Charles & Canal Streets
- For more information, visit www.norta.com or follow RTA on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @NewOrleansRTA.
Uber Transportation Code
- Uber Code: IDARELIEF2021
- Uber is offering the free code above to allow residents to go to City Cooling Centers and PODs at the below locations.
Cooling Centers, Supply and Meal Distribution
The City has opened eight of its recreation centers to providing a cooling center from 8am to 6pm and free meal distributions from 12-2 p.m. and 4-6 p.m. Visit www.trumba.com/calendar/hurricaneida for real time updates on locations and times.
- Stallings St. Claude Recreation Center, 4300 St. Claude
- Milne Recreation Center, 5420 Franklin Ave.
- Lyons Recreation Center, 624 Louisiana Ave.
- Rosenwald Recreation Center, 1120 S. Broad Ave.
- Joe W. Brown Recreation Center, 5601 Read Blvd.
- Cut Off Recreation Center, 6600 Belgrade St.
- Gernon Brown Recreation Center, 1001 Harrison Ave.
- Treme Recreation Center, 900 N. Villere St.
- Milne Recreation Center, 5420 Franklin Ave. (meals only)
- Life Transformation Community Center, 8606 Marks St. (meals only)
POINTS OF DISTRIBUTION (PODs) – FRIDAY
MREs, water, ice
- 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Joe W. Brown Park, 5475 Read Blvd.
- 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Mahalia Jackson Auditorium, 1451 Basin St.
- 8 a.m.- 6 p.m., Skelly Park, 2515 Vespasian Blvd. (ice)
- 12 p.m.-6 p.m., Wesley Barrow Stadium, 6500 Press Dr.
First Aid Station
Services will be limited and include oxygen exchange, minimal prescribing ability, medical device charging, and other basic health assessments. No medications will be available on site. The station will be operating 24/7 at Central City Senior Center, 2101 Philip St.
Blue Roof Program
The Blue Roof Program provides free temporary roof covering for homeowners. To learn more and apply, visit blueroof.us or call the Blue Roof Call Center at (888) 766-3258
If you were impacted by Ida, you can apply for FEMA assistance at disasterassistance.gov or call 800-621-3362. Make sure to document damage and save receipts for repairs and hotel stays.
Transitional Shelter Assistance (TSA)
A FEMA program that offers short-term accommodations for eligible survivors when other housing options are not available after a presidentially declared disaster. Visit www.fema.gov/fact-sheet/transitional-sheltering-assistance