Week of July 6- July 12
Everyone has been impacted differently during the pandemic but the City Council and organizations throughout our community have offered varying support. Below is a compilation of free supplies and services provided to community members affected by COVID-19. Please note all details are subject to change and will be updated as additional information is provided. Real-time updates can also be found through organizers social media channels.
Free Food Pantry (drive-up, walk-up & delivery):
Toups Meatery Free Meals for the Community: Every day, Family Meal starts at 3pm. It’s for anyone in need but especially for those in the service industry, free of charge. You must call ahead so they can safely box your food.
- Everyday, starting at 3 PM. Must call ahead 504-252-4999
- Toups Meatery, 845 N Carrollton Ave, New Orleans, LA 70119
Residents of New Orleans in need of food can apply to receive meals through the City of New Orleans meal assistance program in partnership with FEMA and local restaurants. To learn more about the program and apply to receive meals visit nola.gov/311.
Drive-Thru Food Bank in partnership with Second Harvest at Giving Hope.
- Thursday, July 9 and Friday, July 10, 11 AM to 3 PM
- 13040 I-10 Service Rd, New Orleans, LA 70128
District “D” Councilmember Jared Brossett continues to partner with Second Harvest Food Bank and St. Mary of the Angels Church to host a free food pantry at 3501 N. Miro for individuals and families impacted by COVID-19.
- Friday, July 10 at 9 AM (until supplies run out)
- St. Mary of the Angels Church at 3501 N. Miro St
Councilwoman Nguyen & Second Harvest Food Bank to Host Third Mass Food Distribution on Friday, July 10.
- Friday, July 10, beginning at 1 PM
- 6901 Bundy Rd, New Orleans, LA 70127
Councilmember Kristin Gisleson Palmer, in partnership with Second Harvest Food Bank, World Central Kitchen and CulturE Aid NOLA, will host drive-up food pantries in District C every Friday and Saturday for families and individuals who have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. There will be two locations, the Arthur Monday Center on the Westbank in Algiers and Holy Angels on the Eastbank. As a reminder, no documentation is required to receive a food pantry box, and walk-ups are welcome.
- Friday, July 10, 9:30 AM to 11:30 AM
- Arthur Monday Multi-Purpose Center, 1111 Newton Street, New Orleans, LA 70114
- Saturday, July 11, 10 AM to 12 PM
- Holy Angels, 3500 St. Claude Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70117
Free Mask Giveaway:
The Algiers Economic Development Foundation has 300 safely packaged masks (courtesy of http://sewdat.com) that they’d like to get into the hands of local businesses and employees. Please fill out this form to let them know how many masks you’d like and where they can be delivered.
- Masks will be delivered on the Tuesday or Thursday after you’ve made your request. If you have an emergency request, please email Executive Director Kelsey Foster at email@example.com
Free COVID-19 Testing:
COVID community testing at Bar Tonique. Hospitality workers welcome! No ID required. No symptoms required. Self-administered oral swab tests. Results in 3-5 days via email and phone. Wrap-around services on site (see below).
- Thursdays, July 13th & 30th, 12 PM to 4 PM
- Bar Tonique, 820 N. Rampart, New Orleans, LA 70119
In addition to free testing, several organizations will be on site to offer wrap around support services, coordinated by Shift Change. Those services and service providers include:
- Housing Advocacy (LA Fair Housing Action Center, Southern Louisiana Legal Services)
- Healthcare Advice & Navigation (504 HealthNet/Healthy Hospitality, Take Care Y’all)
- Workforce/ Unemployment Assistance (Job1) (Note: Onsite sign-up for UI will NOT be available
- Free Masks (Sew Dat)
- Safe Reopening Resources (BRACE for COVID-19)
- Free Meals (Crescent City Meal Assistance Program)
- Free HIV Test Kits + Condoms (Crescent Care)
- Voter Registration & U.S. Census (NO City Council)
- Free Cleaning Supplies (NO Dept of Health)
If you are providing food or supplies to hospitality workers and would like to be included please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.